Course Duration: 5 Days
- Identify causes and prevention of foodborne illness
- Explain food safety inspection purpose and procedures
- Explain facility and plan review purpose and procedures
- Identify enforcement tools available to protect food supply.
- Explain sample collection purpose and procedures
- Explain role of local board of health relative to food safety education / consumer education / awareness
- Identify performance based standard used to assess retail food program
- Explain food-borne illness Surveillance and investigation purpose and procedures
- Identify role of local board of health relative to food defense and bio-security
- Explain role and responsibility of local municipality / authority in food emergency preparedness, assessment and response.
- Explain purpose and procedures for validation and verification of HACCP and risk control plans for
- Differentiate between risk factors and major interventions / good retail practices / standard operating procedures / HACCP Pre-requisites.
Food Industries Auditing
- Organization and Management Responsibilities
- Document Control
- Employee Orientation, Quality Assurance, and Job Training Program
- Plant Safety and Security
- Quality Cost Program