Course Duration: 5 Days
Who should attend?
Food Inspectors in charge of ensuring the adequacy and efficacy of Food Control Systems in catering and food retailers and food processing plants.
Food Control authorities may also find this useful in the training of new inspectors and in refocusing food inspection practices on a risk-based process.
- Concepts and approaches of modern food inspection
- General inspection philosophy and approach
- The role of inspection in food control
- Risk-based food inspection
- General inspection procedures
- Inspection of food business system components
- HACCP plan, traceability and recall plan
- Walk-through inspection
- General Inspection approach for food processing facilities
- Inspection techniques
- Enforcement and compliance
- Knowledge and skill requirements for food inspection
- Prerequisite sanitation, hygiene and pest control practices
- Response to non-compliance and violations